ST. LOUIS, Mo. – MetroLink riders are encouraged to allow extra time for their evening commutes the week of December 3rd, and especially during the weekend, as MetroLink trains will not be operating between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Civic Center Stations on December 8th and December 9th.
MetroLink riders will be transported by bus between those stations on both dates, and they should allow an extra 20 to 30 minutes for their trips.
MetroLink Station Shuttles: Saturday, December 8th and Sunday, December 9th
Due to work on the platform at the Central West End MetroLink Station and on the power substation at the Grand Station, MetroLink trains will not operate between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Civic Center Stations from the beginning of service on Saturday, December 8 to the end of service on Sunday, December 9th. MetroLink Station Shuttles will transport MetroLink riders by bus between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere, Central West End, Cortex, Grand, Union Station and Civic Center Stations. MetroLink riders traveling through this area should expect delays of 20 to 30 minutes. MetroLink service outside of the affected area will operate on a 20-minute frequency. The Park-Ride lot on Scott Avenue at the Grand Station will be closed December 8th and December 9th and will reopen on December 10th.
Blue Line trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 and Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Stations on December 8th and December 9th. Riders will need to board a Red Line MetroLink train to continue their trip to destinations east of the Civic Center Station. MetroLink will resume normal operations by the beginning of service on December 10th.
Single-Track Operations: Monday, December 3rd through Friday, December 7th
On Monday through Friday (December 3rd-7th) from 8 pm to the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester MetroLink Stations to allow crews to perform track maintenance. This work will not affect Red Line service.
· Eastbound Blue Line trains will depart 5 minutes early from the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44, Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester Stations. Eastbound Blue Line trains will operate on their normal schedule beginning at the Brentwood I-64 MetroLink Station.
· Westbound Blue Line MetroLink passengers traveling to the Maplewood-Manchester, Sunnen or Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Stations may experience delays of 5 minutes.
Also, Monday through Friday (December 3rd-7th) from 8:00 pm to end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Central West End MetroLink Station to accommodate work on the station’s platform extension project. Blue Line trains will only operate between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Stations.
· Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train between the Fairview Heights and Central West End MetroLink Stations, and travel to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to transfer to a Blue Line train and continue their westbound trips.
· Eastbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue their eastbound trips.
· Red Line MetroLink passengers may experience delays of 5 minutes.
· Passengers should allow 10 minutes when transferring between Red Line and Blue Line trains.
· Passengers transferring between MetroLink and MetroBus at the Central West End Station, please allow an extra 10 minutes due to the closure of the walkway.
Updates on Metro Transit operations can be found at metrostlouis.org in the Rider Alert section, on Twitter at @STLMetro and on Facebook at St. Louis Metro Transit.
For more information, contact Metro Transit Information by calling 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345 or texting 314-207-9786, Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm During the MetroLink service outage on December 8 and December 9, Metro Transit Information will be available by text at 314-207-9786 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. that weekend.