Blunt Discusses Graham-Cassidy Health Care Plan

WASHINGTON – Yesterday, U.S. Senator Roy Blunt (Mo.) spoke on the Senate floor about the failures of Obamacare and how the Graham-Cassidy health care plan would help families struggling under the law. Blunt emphasized the benefits of moving the decision-making away from Washington and allowing states to shape health care solutions closer to home.

CLICK HERE To Watch Senator Blunt’s Full Remarks

Following are excerpts from Blunt’s remarks:

“Every family knows that at some point they’re going to deal with not one, but multiple health care issues as life progresses, as things happen in life, at times that you don’t expect them to happen in life, and nothing is more riveting or focusing than health care. Somebody told me one time… when everybody in your family is well, you’ve got lots of problems, when somebody in your family is sick, you’ve got one problem. …

“Access to health care matters and health care that works where you live matters. And frankly, that’s the plan that Senator Cassidy and Senator Graham have come up with. A plan that would take the decision making for government assisted healthcare out of Washington and put it back in the states. …

“What we’re trying to look at right now, is taking all the money we’re currently spending in this government assisted health care world, divide it up among the states in a more equitable way. Right now, four of the states get about 37 percent of all the money. You don’t have to be a math genius to figure out that that means that the other 46 states must get about 63 percent of all the money. Now, if 37 percent of all the people in the country lived in those four states, that might be a reasonable way to divide up the money. Or even if 37 percent of all the people with income and health needs that were so significant that they needed more help than everybody else, lived in those four states, that might be a reasonable way to divide up all of the money. But neither of those things are true. …

“One size fits all almost never fits anybody. And even in a state, it’s hard enough to come up with a plan that fits everybody in the state, in the best possible way. But, we’d be much more likely to do that than we would to suggest that what happens in Manhattan and what happens in Marshfield, Missouri are the same thing, because they’re not. And people in New York are going to come up with a more likely way to address those issues and figure out what health care is there, what they need to do to augment that, what they need to do to be sure that that’s available to the most people, in the most cost-effective way. And in Jefferson City, Missouri, they are more likely to find out how to answer all of those questions, for our state, than frankly, they are at the Department of Health and Human Services in Washington, D.C.”

13 thoughts on “Blunt Discusses Graham-Cassidy Health Care Plan

  1. May I simply say what a comfort to discover an individual who genuinely
    knows what they’re talking about on the web.
    You certainly know how to bring a problem to light and make it
    important. More people should look at this and
    understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you’re not more popular since you most certainly have
    the gift.

  2. You’ve made some really good points there. I checked on the
    net for more info about the issue and found most people will go along
    with your views on this website.

  3. This is very attention-grabbing, You are a very professional blogger.
    I have joined your feed and look ahead to in the hunt for more of your wonderful
    post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

  4. Quest bars cheap fitnesstipsnew1 quest bars cheap 516999410492780544 quest bars cheap
    Fantastic goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely wonderful.
    I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it.
    You make it enjoyable and you still take care of
    to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you.
    This is actually a great site. Quest bars cheap fitnesstipsnew1
    quest bars cheap 516999410492780544 quest bars cheap

  5. Nice blog here! Additionally your website lots
    up fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your affiliate link in your host?
    I want my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

  6. Great website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about in this
    article? I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get suggestions from other experienced individuals that share
    the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me
    know. Thanks a lot!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.