BALLWIN, Mo. – The Greater St. Louis Art Association (GSLAA) will present the Spring 2019 Art Fair at Queeny Park from Friday, March 29th until Sunday, March 31st.
Announced on Thursday, the show will be held at the Greensfelder Recreation Center in Queeny Park (550 Weidman Rd., Ballwin, Mo.) because of its indoor, climate-controlled capabilities.
“The Art Fair at Queeny Park brings in favorite artists who return year after year, with new work, while at the same time attracting a range of established artists from all over the country to show at the fair for the first time,” Maggie McCarthy, artist and co-chair of the Art Fair at Queeny Park, said.
The fair is reportedly one of the most popular and longest-running art fairs in the St. Louis region. Now in its 42nd year, the fair is the perfect opportunity for attendees to see “spectacular” art with colorful spring designs.
With over 130 selected pieces, juried artists from over 20 states will be displaying their original works of art and crafts, ranging from printmaking, ceramics, photography, jewelry, glass, sculpture, painting and more.
Attendees of the 2019 Spring Art Fair will have the opportunity to find the perfect item, whether for themselves or as a gift. Collectors and first-timers will enjoy themselves as they discover new finds, chat with the artists and the learn the story and process behind each piece.
“I think people enjoy the relaxed setting and the opportunity to talk to the artists and find out what inspired their work,” McCarthy said. “With a wide selection and a wide range of pricing, it is very easy to walk away with something you love.”
In addition to looking at and discussing a variety of pieces, attendees will have the chance to experience:
- wine tasting during all three show days;
- live music all three days, including Ann Dueren Trio on Sunday;
- three drawings each for $50 or $100 in ‘art dollars’ that can be spent at any artists booth (there will also be hourly drawings);
- children’s activities, including the Art Discovery Adventure on Sunday afternoon that will allow the children to interview specific artists learn about the artist’s process and get a craft they can do on their own;
- an art wall for all ages to draw on;
- pottery and egg shell carving demonstrations;
- a refreshment café, serving meals and snacks during show hours;
- ATM on site;
- nearby free parking throughout regular show hours
WHAT: Spring Art Fair at Queeny Park
WHERE: Queeny Park (550 Weidman Rd., Ballwin, Mo.)
WHEN: Friday, March 29, 2019 to Sunday, March 31, 2019 – F: 5:00 pm-9:00 pm; SAT: 10:00 am-6:00 pm; SUN: 11:00 am-4:00 pm
COST: $5 at the door, valid all three days – 18 and under are free
- $1-off coupon available on website
- Free parking
Proceeds from the $5 admission go to the GSLAA Art Scholarship Fund and help to cover show expenses. Additional scholarship donations can be made at the door.
Students who are majoring in art in area colleges are eligible to apply for the art education scholarship, which is sent directly to the college of his/her choice.
More information about the show or scholarships can be found by going to ArtFairAtQueenyPark.com or calling 314-997-1181.