“Best Lawyers” — a peer review publication — has recognized 12 Carmody MacDonald attorneys in its annual “The Best Lawyers in America” list and “Lawyer of the Year” awards. Best Lawyers recognizes attorneys based on peer review from colleagues within the same geographical and practice areas.
Kevin Cushing, Carmody MacDonald Principal and member of the firm’s Management Team said, “Best Lawyers uses a peer-review methodology to determine its award recipients. Being recognized in their 2018 edition reflects our attorneys’ positive reputation in the legal community. We are proud of our attorneys’ on-going hard work to collaborate with clients and create effective solutions to their legal needs.”
Other Carmody MacDonald lawyers named in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Edition list are:
• Brian C. Behrens — corporate law
• Joyce M. Capshaw — family law.
• Donald R. Carmody — construction law; corporate law; real estate law.
• Gerard T. Carmody — litigation specialist in commercial, eminent domain and condemnation, labor and employment, and real estate.
• James P. Carmody — family law
• Spencer P. Desai — banking and finance law
• Robert E. Eggmann — bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights / insolvency and reorganization law, bankruptcy litigation.
• S. Todd Hamby — commercial litigation.
• Mark B. Hillis — banking and finance, real estate law.
• Christopher J. Lawhorn — commercial and bankruptcy litigation.
• Leo H. MacDonald, Jr. — tax law.
• David P. Stoeberl — litigation in commercial, labor and employment, real estate, mass tort / class action — defendants.
The firm also congratulates Carmody MacDonald attorneys Gerard T. Carmody and Mark B. Hillis who have each been recognized by Best Lawyers 20 times since first being recognized by Best Lawyers in 1995.
Founded in 1981, Carmody MacDonald P.C. is a St. Louis-based law firm specializing in litigation, corporate law, and family law with a team of 47 attorneys.
A total of 27 lawyers in the St. Louis region were recognized in the “Best of 2018” edition, including:
- Anthony R. Behr — product liability litigation – defendants, Behr, McCarter & Potter, P.C.
- Thomas M. Blumenthal — mediation, Paule, Camazine & Blumenthal.
- Kaitlin A. Bridges — mass tort litigation / class actions – plaintiffs, Gray, Ritter & Graham, P.C.
- A. J. Bronsky — legal malpractice law – defendants, Brown & James, P.C.
- John M. Challis — litigation – trusts and estates, Polsinelli.
- Glenn E. Davis — antitrust law, HeplerBroom LLC.
- Edward L. Dowd, Jr. — corporate compliance law, Dowd Bennett LLP.
- Don M. Downing — banking and finance litigation, Gray, Ritter & Graham, P.C.
- Jeffrey E. Fine — technology law, Polsinelli.
- Alan E. Freed — collaborative law: family law, Paule, Camazine & Blumenthal P.C.
- Maurice B. Graham — Bet-the-Company litigation, Gray, Ritter & Graham, P.C.
- Amy Collignon Gunn — medical malpractice law – plaintiffs, The Simon Law Firm, P.C.
- Robert T. Haar — appellate practice, Haar & Woods, LLP.
- Andrew T. Hoyne — venture capital law, Polsinelli.
- Michael A. Kahn — copyright law, Capes Sokol.
- Joan M. Lockwood — product liability litigation – plaintiffs, Gray, Ritter & Graham, P.C.
- Scott H. Malin — closely held companies and family businesses law
- John S. Meyer Jr. — corporate law, Capes Sokol.
- Sara G. Neill — litigation and controversy – tax, Capes Sokol.
- Richard P. Sher — arbitration, Sher Corwin Winters LLC.
- John G. Simon — personal injury litigation – plaintiffs, The Simon Law Firm, P.C.
- Anthony G. Simon litigation – patent, The Simon Law Firm, P.C.
- Robert W. Stewart — labor Law – management, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Russell F. Watters — insurance law, Brown & James P.C.
- Wm. Randolph Weber — municipal law, Hamilton Weber LLC.