ST. LOUIS – The 2019 Corporate Social Responsibility Report for Ameren Corporation Committed to Building a Brighter Energy Future, is now available at AmerenCSR.com.
The annual report illustrates the company’s focus on building a brighter, sustainable energy future, while delivering economic, social and environmental benefits for all customers, communities and shareholders.
“We are focused on meeting our customers’ energy needs, exceeding their expectations, and delivering a brighter energy future for them and the communities we serve. Our focus is consistent with our mission – To Power the Quality of Life,” said Warner L. Baxter, Ameren’s chairman, president and chief executive officer. “In executing our strategy, we recognize that we have a responsibility to deliver on our mission because millions of customers are depending on us to do so.”
Some of the ways Ameren is acting on those responsibilities include:
- Building a smarter, more reliable and resilient energy grid while keeping rates stable and predictable.
- Increasing investments in energy efficiency programs to help customers save money.
- Transitioning to a cleaner, more diverse generation portfolio with significant investments in renewable energy while targeting an 80 percent reduction in carbon emissions by 2050, as compared to 2005 levels.
- Investing in energy infrastructure across Missouri and Illinois, and creating thousands of jobs across the region.
- Providing education, training and jobs to underserved populations, as well as creating a workplace culture to attract, develop and retain a highly skilled and diverse workforce.
“For us, Corporate Social Responsibility means delivering on our commitment to build a brighter energy future, which is consistent with our obligation of being a strong and committed corporate citizen. This report demonstrates some of our efforts and shines a spotlight on what we’re planning to do in the future to positively contribute to the communities we serve,” said Gwen Mizell, senior director of corporate social responsibility.
Download – Ameren’s two-page summary PDF here.