CLAYTON, Mo. – Revel Kitchen, located in Clayton and Brentwood, shared the announcement of its refreshed menu to help give those New Year’s Resolutions a little boost.
In addition to Monday’s announcement of the new menu being unveiled, Revel Kitchen also unveiled an app which enables “advanced” ordering as well as a wide range to home deliveries.
According to Revel Kitchen’s news release, special food and delivery offers, as well as personalized based on customer preferences will be available through the app. To order through the app, go here.
Simon Lusky, chef-owner of Revel Kitchen, is known for feeding professional athletes around St. Louis, including head chef of the St. Louis Cardinals for seven years. He shared that being inspired by both his Mediterranean roots and his customers’ cravings in Brentwood and Clayton, he wanted to bring a streamlined menu to further his vision of making simple, nutritious and flavorful food items more accessible.
“Everything we do is based on customer feedback and we heard from our regulars that they really wanted the ability to design their own dish, including different portion options,” Lusky said.
Through the new and customizable menu, customers can get a clean meal option which includes a meal and a side for about $10. Customers who want to build a customizable bowl will choose a base, vegetables, protein and sauce. The professional athlete favorites are also featured across the menu.
According to the news release, the new ingredients are crimson lentils; balsamic mushrooms and onions; cotija cheese and curried carrots and brussels. The new sauces which include peanut miso and curry yogurt help to add flavor to the bowls.
Lusky also added a “St. Louis twist,” mesquite to the tahini sauce. The mesquite incorporates local maple and lemon, adding to the “savory” umami flavor.
According to Lusky, the new menu is complicated simplicity.
“The ingredients are simple but what we’re doing with them isn’t,” he said.
Customers who prefer to not make a decision on customizable bowls can choose between Lusky’s six salad and wrap combinations. The salad and wraps include vegetables, proteins, seeds and more. A gluten-free rice paper wrap is also available, which adds a new low-calorie option to the menu.
After feeding the Blues players a few times a week, Lusky said he had to put their favorite salad on the menu, ‘Don’t Kale it a Comeback.’
“I also created a dish called ‘Yalla’ which is a deconstructed falafel sandwich,” he said. “Inspired by my family back home since in some form or another that was pretty much every meal I ate growing up.”
Additional menu changes
- cold-pressed celery juice
- fresh-squeezed lemonade, with lemon, straberry and mint
- clean sodas, including Zevia (sweetened with Stevia)
- seasonal iced teas
- smoothie combination, a bright green Kale Colada *
- Bulletproof® powder, with a signature combination of grass-fed butter and medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil to add to smoothies or coffees
cold-pressed juices are now available in bottles
- house-made Kombucha on tap and Nitro coffee remain on menu
*smoothies can be boosted with classics including organic super greens and maca root powder, as well as collagen peptides with collagen from grass-fed cows
Sweet and Savory Sides
- black bean hummus
- freshly made salsa
- Paleo Cookies, with an almond flour base, cacao nibs and honey
- Peanut Butter Krispies, with dates, puffed millet, peanut butter and sorghum
- Birdie Balls, golf ball sized bites chock-full of dates, peanuts and sorghum *
* initially created exclusively for professional golfer Rickie Fowler, who not only named the performance snack but worked with Lusky on the packaging so he could eat a single Birdie Ball and keep the rest in its golf sleeve package, now shipped to Fowler for his PGA tournaments
FEATURED IMAGE/Revel Kitchen Logo/EATREVELKITCHEN.COM